Our client, a full service creative agency based in London, seek an experienced Event Manager for a 9-12 month contract, based from home for 90% of the time, coming into London for site visits, client meetings and events. As an Event Manager, you will take the lead on a selection of multi-faceted events from concept to completion, through a range of digital and physical event platforms. You'll be responsible for the successful delivery of allocated events to meet the objectives of their clients, monitoring project milestones and budgets and co-ordinating project teams and external contractors, ensuring successful delivery is maintained to the satisfaction of the client.
Main tasks of role:
- Building and maintaining strong, long-lasting customer relationships
- Liaise with clients to find out their exact event requirements
- Ensure the timely and successful delivery of our solutions according to customer needs and objectives
- Work closely with the client on the event content, plan, structure and message
- Attend site visits in an advisory role to discuss and develop logistical solutions for the client brief
- Timeline management
- Book solutions via 3rd parties; manage and coordinate suppliers
- Budget management - understand priorities around the financial success of a project and demonstrate the ability to develop an overall budget, negotiate contracts, analyse financial data and make commercial decisions to protect profitability
- Oversee the entire pre-event process and ensure the brief and proposal is delivered, project objectives and customer expectations are met
- Primary point of contact for the client, answering questions and resolving issues that arise over the course of the event
- Manage the assessment of health and safety requirements and creation of risk assessments and method statements
- On site coordination, including overseeing 3rd parties to ensure that the event goes smoothly and quickly and respond to client issues
- Post event completion of costs, invoicing and all related paperwork
- Establish and utilise strong working relationships with others, be adaptive in style of communication to yield the best outcome
- Ensure the project team is correctly resourced, managing freelance staff as required
- Ideally you will have experience running both physical and virtual events - conferences, awards, etc.
- Experience of working with custom microsites or off the shelf platforms for delegate registration
- Event agency background is essential.
- Experience of live streaming, creating run of show documents, briefing suppliers, managing budgets and running client meetings as project lead.
This contract needs a early December start.