Times Higher Education (THE), the leading global authority on university performance, is searching for a motivated and driven individual to join their growing events team. THE’s portfolio of events is a programme of worldwide activity, headed up by our flagship annual Times Higher Education World Academic Summit. This regular series of regional summits and forums brings together pre-eminent global thought leaders across higher education, research, industry and government to share best practice and innovation in the development and leadership of world-class universities and research.
Basic Scope and Primary Objectives
We are seeking a strong, self-starter to join our busy Events Marketing department. The right candidate will demonstrate an unbridled passion for marketing and creativity as well as the ability to write strong and engaging copy. Someone who is able to work under pressure, is focused on delivering great results, makes things happen with ease and is able to multi task with their eyes closed.
You will lead on the commercial events marketing strategy as well as support the team in delivering the marketing strategy and tactical execution of campaigns for the broad portfolio of B2B events.
This role will suit someone who has a high level of written English and has previously worked in an event marketing role.
You should be a confident individual able to work and communicate with senior stakeholders and partners as this will be a core part of your role.
- Lead on strategy planning; co-ordinating; implementing; and monitoring of marketing activities to drive attendee growth for all commercially led events (In-person global events, hybrid events, webinars, roundtables) ensuring deadlines, and targets are met, to deliver success for our commercial partners and sponsors
- Identify target audiences and create individual marketing plans, ensuring messaging in is benefit led and speaks to the key audiences
- Nurture strategic relationships with key event/media partners and stakeholders both internally and externally
- Develop, deliver and maintain commercial marketing materials (media packs, case studies) to use as sales tools for the commercial and sponsorship sales teams
- Maintain detailed event project plans, conduct regular checkpoints with deliverable owners, escalate risks and challenges appropriately, and ensure event is executed on time and on budget.
- Generate post-event reports and insights for the commercial team to inform the strategic direction for future commercial events.
- Work with the commercial sales team to generate and track qualified leads
- Liaise with key associations/partners and organisations to maximise visibility
- Copywriting, proofreading of marketing collateral, liaising with designers, sub-editors
- Keeping the events websites up to date with fresh content and new speakers
- Create, implement and manage engaging email marketing campaigns and newsletters using the Mailchimp email system including copywriting, design, testing and deployment through to reporting
- Coordinate uploading and organising of post-event content
- Supporting the wider events marketing team when needed
- Manage direct line reports effectively ensuring that they are delivering marketing strategy
Experience & Skills Required
- 8+ years of proven marketing experience
- Creative thinker with a passion for storytelling and doing things differently
- Confident and talented self-starter who is able to hit the ground running
- Commercially astute and entrepreneurial outlook
- Ability to work to agreed deadlines, working well under pressure
- Excellent planning and organisational skills in order to manage and prioritise workload
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including spelling, grammar and proofreading, with the ability to tailor style and approach to suit a variety of global audiences
- Interested in international higher education
- MS Office essential – Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Educated to a degree level
If you think you have what we are looking for, click Apply and Submit your CV and a covering Letter.
THE are proud to be an equal opportunities employer. We recognise that we are all different. Great strength is born through different perspectives and experiences. That is why we are committed to our mission of creating an inclusive culture that enables our people to feel able to bring their whole selves to work.