Working as part of a team of 10, in this large high profile venue, your primary focus is to proactively generate new business across a range of industries, sectors and markets and to develop existing and third party agency accounts, by identifying and closing profitable business for the facilities and services at this venue
- Proactively identify new business opportunities using available resources including marketing activities to close high yield business quickly and efficiently.
- Achieve and exceed individual and company financial targets.
- Maintain a network of contacts and agencies that enhances opportunities for new and repeat business.
- Identify appropriate situations to up-sell the venues products and those of our Service Partners to increase overall yields.
- Effectively manage and develop existing clients to ensure high levels of repeat business and account growth.
- Achieve high levels of customer satisfaction and service and effectively and professionally manage client relationships from initial enquiry to post event.
- Sell the venue and relevant Service Partners to potential clients in a professional and coherent manner in both the UK and Overseas.
- Ensure the use of the Company's marketing guidelines to effectively communicate the venue brand.
- Attend networking events and industry related conferences as required
- Develop strong relations with clients through face-to-face activity and telephone sales. Use every opportunity to create new business contacts and potential leads.
Ability to present and communicate at senior management level
High degree of emotional intelligence, influencing and relationship skills
Drive, energy and persistence to drive new and existing sales
Proven track record of innovative and creative thinking that drives strategic revenue growth
Possess a high degree of commercial awareness and the ability to understand the links between sales and profit
Able to convert meeting and event enquiries and leads into confirmed business
- Previous experience developing and executing sales strategies across multi-disciplinary sectors with a solid track record in managing a portfolio of clients
- Experience of growing and maintaining key accounts, developing account relationships and spotting opportunities for accounts to grow and deliver increased sales to the venue and company
- Able to demonstrate a solid track record of business development experience within corporate, agency, industry, associations or other events industry clients (from both new and existing clients), using a destination marketing approach and consultative selling techniques
- Experience in securing preferred supplier status with corporate clients
- The ability to identify high vs low potential business
Degree level of qualification is desirable but not essential