If you are passionate about events and want to work within a dynamic team, our client, a prestigious academic venue in London, are looking for a customer focused and meticulous Event Manager to join their team. Working with a diverse client base of both internal and external clients, you will assist in coordinating all aspects of their events including catering, AV, room set up, security, virtual and online events. The role will require a high level of communication and flexibility with a wide-ranging client base.
You will report to the Head of Events & Hospitality, with no direct line management responsibilities. You will have responsibility of working closely with all in-house & sub-contracted service providers, monitoring their performance against agreed event KPI's to ensure quality standards are met and exceeded.
- To engage with clients and assess their event requirements, making recommendations as required
- Provide a detailed summary to clients and service providers of the event requirements in a timely manner and in a format that is easy to follow
- Attend events as is required to ensure that service levels from set up to execution are as requested
- To support the digital aspect for hybrid and online events
- Assist in providing quantitative feedback on events carried out on campus
- Respond promptly and accurately to clients request for information
- Obtain an expert knowledge of the venue in respect of event activities
- Attendance at event forward planning meetings with service providers
- Undertake financial transactions in line with the Financial Regulations
- Develop and maintain successful business relationships with clients and service providers
- Assist in the creation and allocation of rotas for casual ad hoc staffing requirements to support event delivery
- Identify areas where efficiencies could be undertaken and processes streamlined