Looking for a great career-building events opportunity? This busy conference & events agency is looking to bring in a pro-active event assistant to work across their international event projects!
Privately owned, friendly, established international conference management agency - their core business is working closely with their clients, mainly International Associations and Bodies, to deliver their varied events – from meetings, to conferences, symposiums etc. They have an excellent track record of working with some leading international organisations, offer a really friendly and supportive work environment, and excellent opportunity to be fully immersed in delivering events, and to develop your event assistant skills. Their events are currently a mix of virtual and face-to-face.
As Conference Assistant you’ll be involved in every aspect of supporting the team as they deliver a range of meetings, events, conferences and symposium for their established client base. You’ll be the main contact for delegates, providing information and support in respect of their attendance at both online and in-person events. You’ll also provide support to the Conference Managers in all aspects of conference management, from supplier liaison, speaker management, presentation/abstract management, signage and conference material production, and on-site attendance. And everything else that great event delivery requires! This is a fantastic opportunity to really build your events experience and career in a team of friendly and supportive event professionals.
We are looking for someone with some existing and relevant proven previous experience in administration, ideally also dealing with varied customers both on the phone and via email etc. If you had some initial events experience that would be brilliant. Someone friendly, flexible, loves being busy, great attention to detail, a ‘can do’ attitude, good with all levels of people – and someone keen to build their events career in the best way … bottom up!
- Excellent communication skills, written and spoken, excellent customer service focus
- Good computer literacy, including excellent excel skills, comfortable with learning new software packages (they use a number of cloud-based registration/database systems for delegate communication etc)
- Ideally experience of using excel/databases, ideally delegate management related (proven knowledge of EventsAir or similar software would be a distinct advantage)
- Some understanding or experience of working within events and what goes to make them successful – ideally some previous event experience but not essential
- If you had some Association or Professional body experience, and familiarity with Abstracts, and Committees and general working practices of similar bodies would be great
- Excellent attention to detail, confident telephone manner, great team player
- Willing to get stuck in, support the team, learn and shine!
This is a brilliant opportunity for someone with great admin skills, or an Events Grad looking to build an excellent career in events – you’ll be at the heart of a busy events environment with excellent room to grow and develop your events career.
Looking for someone to start ASAP – so APPLY NOW!