ABOUT OUR CLIENT
Meet our client, the cloud events specialists who bring big ideas to life.
Here they spend their days creating events that deliver the reach needed in the real world.
Working to plan, create and deliver the unique event or experience required to achieve ambitions –doing whatever it takes to make it a tangible success.
Friendly, approachable, and reliable, everyone loves nothing more than really getting to know clients, partners, and suppliers. Desire to make a real difference to the brands they work with and to deliver on promises; to make life that little bit easier every day.
With a love to be challenged, they don’t rest until they have found what it is their clients are looking for. Always open to thinking differently, from spaces and budgets to objectives and timings. Nothing’s too much trouble. No idea is too big, and no request is too quirky. If there’s a way, we’ll find it.
When they say they tailor service to requirements and budget, they mean it. No matter the scale of event support needed they guarantee the same standards and attention to detail. It’s this flexible approach that keeps their clients coming back again and again.
The company benefits were created by their Dream Team to ensure they appeal to a wide range of individuals. They apply from day one and are added onto post probation and for every year's service.
- Team Activity Days
- Company Offsite
- Additional Benefits after 1 years’ service including Private Health Care
- Fitness membership upon passing probation
- 28 days holiday (inc. UK public holidays). Additional days holiday for each year of service (capped at 5)
- Birthdays Off
- Pay Day early finish - Fridays (15:00)
- Thurs Office Drinks
We are looking for a switched-on, proactive Event Project Director to take the lead on our live events and exhibitions from the beginning to the very end. You will need to have a can-do-will-achieve attitude, experience managing project teams, and be passionate about making events happen.
- Project manage high-quality, complex, and production-heavy events from design and planning through to onsite delivery
- Lead project meetings and communications with internal and external stakeholders throughout the project cycle (including senior management)
- The Project Director needs to have excellent project management and organisational skills with very high attention to detail. Alongside this, you will need demonstrable leadership qualities, with strategy and planning experience and the ability to effectively communicate this
- A key element of the Project Director role is to follow and review internal processes and importantly, train and monitor junior members of the team to ensure these are implemented correctly
- A large part of your day-to-day responsibility will be in implementing internal processes, managing projects, and overseeing the activities of the rest of the team
- Working to deadlines is fundamental to the success of all projects. As a Project Director, you will be expected to create and follow internal critical paths, client deadlines, and supplier deadlines. You will be expected to manage projects of all sizes within tightly managed deadlines. Managing deadlines across the entire team will also be an important part of your day-to-day activities
- Client management and relationship building, including incubating prospect leads. Understand client business objectives and competitive scenarios, challenging the brief and adding value in discussions and presentations
- You will be expected to identify potential opportunities with existing clients and ensure they are maximised, acting with a commercial approach to client management. You will be expected to secure and covert business from initial opportunities and ensure that all possible leads are followed up and secured for future years
- Apply principles of new business to managing sponsors, to help clients maximise sponsorship but also have a good knowledge of where sponsors could be potential future clients and build strong relationships for future new business opportunities
- The ability to forge strong relationships with existing and potential clients, winning and developing business through your excellent experience and advice without being pushy or ‘salesy’
- As a Project Director, you will have had experience in mentoring, guiding, and managing other junior members of a team. You will understand the team capacities and when there are issues with the ability to deliver projects
- You will have experience in resource planning including internal, multi-discipline teams with the addition of managing freelancers. This will involve ensuring time is budgeted correctly, and that freelance are onboarded correctly, and their time managed
- Collaborative team-player, with the ability to develop positive, strong working relationships
- Actively network with industry contacts and suppliers, staying on top of trends and news
- Providing Social media content when attending networking events, FAMs, exhibitions, etc
- Networking with the industry by attending relevant events
- You will lead and work with the rest of the team to help deliver high-quality events onsite. This will involve being onsite pre-event, during the event, and post-event
- Detailed, accurate budget processes from planning to delivery and post-event reconciliation. Prudent budget management and negotiation of favourable supplier contracts. Regular reporting of budget status updates for clients and internal finances. Keen eye on profitability levels throughout a project, maximizing revenue opportunities and increased efficiencies
- Responsible for international venue sourcing, site visits, and contracting, with a focus on quality and cost reduction. Global destination knowledge with an emphasis on EMEA
- Monitor existing supplier performance and seek out new, innovative, and high-quality event partners
- As a Project Director, you will need to be comfortable in negotiation with suppliers and clients. Negotiation with suppliers can be on price, services, scope, timings, etc.
- You will need to attend venue site visits and create site visit reports for internal and client review
- You will need to create onsite docs, manage host schedules, supplier and staff contact lists, crew lists, running orders, run of show and team briefings
- You will need to be comfortable with creating a branding scope & deliverables briefing document specific to different venues, and actively proposing branding opportunities to the client to upsell services, but also help achieve their goals for the event
- Shipping of event-related materials around the world as needed
- As a Project Director, you will be the lead within the events team. Junior members of the team will rely on you for support and guidance. Senior management will rely on you to support them across different projects and provide accurate reporting.
- As well as your ability to create strong relationships with clients you will need to develop strong relationships, suppliers, internal staff members, and other stakeholders such as event sponsors
- A commercial mindset is important in this role. You will need to demonstrate a track record of maximizing profitability of events
- You will be able to resource a team based on roles required, budget accordingly, and track teams' progress. This may include managing freelancers, negotiating their agreements, and raising their POs.
- Manage pitch proposals from start to finish including creative solutions, presentation, and budget preparation, venue and supplier research through to presenting ideas to the client, which could include senior stakeholders
- Gather and share post-event feedback and learnings within the team and suppliers. Hold internal debrief and use for future team planning and guidance
- A professional, credible advocate of client Events across all business platforms and forums.
- Actively embody company brand, vision, values
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE, SKILLS & ATTITUDE
- Minimum 6 years’ experience within event delivery, with 1 year as an Event/Project Director
- Proven experience in directing and managing large-scale corporate events
- Extensive budget management experience (ideally including multi-currency) up to £3m+
- Track record of delivering successful projects on time, working calmly under pressure
- Strong corporate events background with hands-on experience of producing and delivering a variety of events
- Proven track record of client and employer confidentiality
- Great, confident communication skills, on phone, in person
- Adaptable to different situations.
- Highly self-motivated
- Priorities own work effectively
- Calm under pressure
- Pragmatic and able to problem solve under own steam
- Experience in leading multi-functional/cross-disciplined teams. Ensure that key deadlines are being met, highlight risk areas, and problem-solve to keep projects on track.
- Ability to attend supplier trips/fam trips and feedback on these to the rest of the team
- Mentor to junior members of the team, nature them, teaching junior members of the time and help them develop their skills
- High attention to detail
- Able to travel when required
- Flexible working attitude
- IT literate (MS Office)
- Desirable software knowledge: Procim/Google docs
- Being multilingual would be beneficial
We are urgently recruiting for this highly competitive opportunity, please contact us right away.
This position would suit: Project Director, Event Project Director, Client Services Director Agency, Agency Client Services Director, Account Director Live Events, , Client Services Director Events, Events Services Director, Head of Client Services, Director of Client Services, Account Director Senior Account Manager Live Events, Live Events Project Director, Live Events Director, Head of Events, Events Director, Director of Events, Senior Project Manager Senior Events Manager, Senior Events Project Managerhis position would suit: Client Services Director Agency, Agency Client Services Director, Account