Haymarket is a successful international specialist media company. We have over 60 market-leading brands in the consumer and B2B markets across the UK, US, Asia, India and Germany, connecting people and communities across digital, print, festivals, awards, conferences, and exhibitions.
As a global business operating in diverse markets, we are inherently multicultural and we are committed to attracting, developing and retaining talent who reflect the communities we serve. We equally recognise our broader responsibility to society as a whole and use our power and influence to drive diversity, equity and inclusion within our markets.
Reporting into the Head of Operations, the Senior Event Coordinator is responsible for the complete end-to-end project management of both in-person and online delivery of the events which Haymarket organise in partnership with CIPD. The role includes budget management, supplier management for the venue, AV provider, platform provider and event planning and logistics. You will act as the primary liaison with internal and external client stakeholders.
Delivering a wide range of events, the Senior Event Coordinator will be adept at matching event delivery to client objectives and commercial opportunities whilst managing their own events and will gain further experience from working within a larger operations team delivering a diverse portfolio including large scale exhibitions and conferences.
Since September we have been running the majority of our events in a hybrid format, with a few remaining online and a few as in person only.
Haymarket is a privately owned, global media company which owns market-leading brands in a wide range of verticals. We pride ourselves on creativity, dynamism and integrity, and on being a good place to work.
Responsible for the overall operational delivery of events that exceed the expectations of our client. The role holder will pride themselves on running a professional series of events to an exceptionally high standard.
- Responsible for managing budgets/expenditures with prompt financial reconciliation
Monitor and control operational costs in line with defined budget
Negotiation with all key suppliers and venues on both contract terms and prices to achieve the most cost effective service
Manage payment schedules to ensure that suppliers/venues are paid correctly and on time
Raise purchase orders, process invoices and payments in line with payment terms
Event operations/logistics management
- Overall responsibility of onsite management and delivery of the event
- Developing an understanding of the client’s objectives and ensure event delivery is aligned to these
- Regular client reporting and meetings as required
- Ensure best attendee experience from pre-event to post-event
- Produce and maintain a timeline for each event ensuring that the onsite and online event runs to schedule and deadlines are met
- Carry out venue research and sourcing to comply with Haymarket procurement policies
- Source appropriate suppliers for each event to secure the best products and services available at a competitive price whilst complying with Haymarket’s procurement policies
- Liaise with the venues to ensure that all set up, catering and numbers are as required and in line with the budget spend
- Build the event platform for the online and hybrid events
- Liaise and brief the AV team and ensure testing and rehearsals are arranged to test the hybrid delivery
- Produce a detailed onsite schedule for each event considering all staff, suppliers, sponsors and delegates
- Set up meetings as required with all key onsite suppliers to ensure that they are fully aware of the expectations
- Be the point of contact for event sponsors, exhibitors and speakers regarding their involvement in any event
- Work closely with the sales team to create and provide opportunities for exhibitors and sponsors whilst delivering client contract expectations for sponsored items
- Undertake health and safety risk assessments to ensure that all H&S documents, public liabilities and insurance are in place for each exhibitor or sponsor where relevant
- Post-event - overall responsibility for collating delegate feedback, final delegate communication and budget reconciliation
- Carry out additional tasks as requested to support the growth of events with CIPD
- Effective working relationships with internal teams, external suppliers and client stakeholders
- Ensure best practice is shared and efficiencies are communicated across the entire events team
Skills and experience
- Experience of delivering B2B events for a minimum of 2 years
- Knowledge and experience of online platforms and live streaming technologies
- Budgeting experience essential and overall P&L responsibility an advantage
- Strong experience on venue search and contract negotiation
- Proven stakeholder management experience
- Excellent collaborator and relationship builder, able to work in a matrix with a variety of teams
- Exceptional planning and time management - ability to work under pressure and prioritise workloads and the ability to manage multiple events simultaneously
- Meticulous attention to detail and a creative eye
- Proactive, enthusiastic approach to meeting event objectives and can-do attitude to work
- Ability to use initiative in challenging circumstances and be solution-oriented
- Ability to travel
The above job description is intended as a guide to the main responsibilities of the position and is not an exhaustive list of duties and tasks.
Why work with us?
People are our greatest asset here at Haymarket Media Group. Haymarket is a media, information and data business, we use our expertise in media and information to inspire, inform and empower our clients, audiences and communities. We are a socially and environmentally responsible business. As we serve our audiences, clients and communities, we are committed to driving the meaningful change necessary to build a better world. The principles of diversity, inclusion, respect, responsibility and sustainability are at the heart of our business.
We’re hard-wired to produce remarkable content for our audiences, with over 16,000 companies around the globe turning to us to help their businesses grow. Join us and you will work on market-leading brands to help create powerful and lasting relationships that deliver real results, all while developing your own career.
Our conveniently located Twickenham HQ is home to around 600 employees with a vast array of careers from journalism, video, marketing, sales and events to technology, digital development and product management.
As well as being the home of English rugby, Twickenham has the benefit of being less than 30 minutes from central London but also enjoying its riverside location, proximity to Richmond Park and a buzzing social scene.
With flexible hours, great brands, and a modern open plan environment, we attract great people. There’s time for you to get involved in our extra-curricular activities too; from volunteering with our charity partners, going for a lunch-time riverside run, cycling around Richmond Park or after work fun!
Our team culture is friendly, vibrant and sociable. We nurture, support and reward our talent. We offer a market-leading benefits programme, tailored to individual needs and preferences. The range of benefits are vast and include a generous pension plan, life assurance, up to 30 days holiday and a fabulous income protection policy. Oh, and our annual employee party is pretty special too!
Our benefits include:
- Competitive salary
- Comprehensive training and career development programme
- 25 days holiday per year excluding bank holidays (increasing 1 day per year of service up to 30 days)
- Flexible working schedule (core hours from 10-3)
- Generous contributory pension scheme
- Access to Perkbox
- Health Cash Plan
- Family friendly policies
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Season ticket loan
- Regular individual and team rewards and incentives for outstanding performance
We want to support our people to balance their personal and professional lives and we believe our range of benefits encourages this. We feel that nothing beats face-time with our colleagues and we’ve therefore adopted a blended working model where full time employees can expect to spend 3 days of their week in the office and the other 2 working at a location of their choice.
We are proud to be an equal opportunities employer and are committed to ensuring that all candidates are given the same opportunity to succeed regardless of their sex, sexual orientation, marital status, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion, age or disability.
If you need any reasonable adjustments to enable you to fully participate in the recruitment process, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Come and join us and see for yourself how Haymarket is a rewarding and exciting place to work.