Salary: £35,850 (London) and £31,750 (National) per annum
Hours: Monday-Friday 09:00-17:00 (flexible arrangements can be agreed)
- 27 days annual leave + statutory holidays + 3 closures days over the Christmas period;
- Flexible working for all staff including working from home / hybrid working, and flexi-time/TOIL scheme;
- Attractive family friendly policies;
- Private healthcare cover;
- Season ticket loans;
- Employee awards, and training and development opportunities.
Location: London (Holborn) and Bristol with the flexibility to work from home
An exciting opportunity has arisen at the National Housing Federation (NHF) for a Conference Producer to join an ambitious team, work on a variety of commercial conferences and make their mark by developing existing events and creating new ones in a growing market.
The NHF is the voice of housing associations in England. We are the trade body to almost 600 housing associations, who have grown from philanthropic roots to provide 2.6 million homes to around 6 million people. You can find further information about the NHF on our website.
Key elements of the role:
- Be the lead producer for up to 4-5 commercial conferences (hybrid, virtual and in person).
- Carry out high-quality research and develop leading-edge conference agendas that respond to the needs of our audience and sponsors.
- Identify high-priority topics, leading organisations and potential speakers
- Identify target audience segments and potential sponsors for each topic and conference
- Develop leading-edge conference agendas that respond to the needs of our audience and sponsors
- Source, test, secure and brief high-calibre speakers to deliver the talks and case studies
- Assist the marketing team to identify compelling messaging and ensure communications are accurate
- Assist the sponsorship team to ensure suitable sponsors are identified and targeted appropriately
- Work closely with the event operations team to ensure operational requirements of the events are met
The successful candidate:
- The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate:
- Minimum 1 year experience in a commercial Conference Producer role
- Experience in conducting in-depth desk research, phone and face-to-face interviews to scope out markets and topics
- Highly-developed communication and interpersonal skills to build relationships and informal networks
- Highly-developed writing, editing and proofreading skills in English
- The ability to manage multiple stakeholders and work across teams to ensure the success of the event
- The ability to prioritise, work independently and under pressure to meet deadlines
- Proactive and enthusiastic, with a professional and can-do attitude
Equality, diversity and inclusion
The NHF has published its equality, diversity and inclusion strategy, which was co-created with staff and details of which can be found on our website. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and we value the contribution each individual makes to our work.
Disability confident committed employer
We are a disability confident committed employer and if you are a disabled person who demonstrates you meet the skills and experience we consider essential for the role, we will offer you an interview.
If you require this job advertisement and role profile in large print, please contact us.
Uploading your CV and cover letter
If you decide to apply for this role, when requested, please upload a version of your CV that does not include any personal details, such as name, gender, age etc. You should also ensure that you do not add your name at the end of the cover letter. This will help us to shortlist candidates for interview based solely on their knowledge, skills and experience.
Closing date for applications: Sunday, the 29th May
Interview date: Tuesday, the 14th June