Haymarket is a successful international specialist media company. We have over 60 market-leading brands in the consumer and B2B markets across the UK, US, Asia, India and Germany, connecting people and communities across digital, print, festivals, awards, conferences, and exhibitions.
As a global business operating in diverse markets, we are inherently multicultural and we are committed to attracting, developing and retaining talent who reflect the communities we serve. We equally recognise our broader responsibility to society as a whole and use our power and influence to drive diversity, equity and inclusion within our markets.
Reporting into the Head of Operations, the event coordinator is responsible for the complete end-to-end project management and both live and digital delivery of the events in their portfolio. The role includes budget/financial management, event timelines, onsite signage (design, content and delivery), event planning and logistics, all administration and digital filing and to act as the primary liaison with brand editorial teams, brand sales teams, venues, suppliers, attendees, sponsors and any other key stakeholders.
- Responsible for managing budgets/expenditures with prompt financial reconciliation
- Monitor and control operational costs in line with defined budget profit margin
- Weekly reporting to Head of Ops, HBM Events on event by event basis
- Manage payment schedule and tracker to make sure that suppliers/venues are paid correctly and on time
- Support the sales team with the accurate budgeting of all costs relating to commercial activities
- Raise purchase orders, process invoices and payments in line with payment terms
Event operations/Logistics management
- Ensure best delegate experience from pre-event to onsite management from registration to post-event feedback
- Maintain a working project file for each event on the Haymarket Events server.
- Produce and maintain a timeline for each event ensuring that the event runs to schedule and deadlines are met
- Source appropriate suppliers for each event, working with the venue around any preferred suppliers and secure the best products and services available at the best price whilst complying with Haymarket’s procurement policies
- Ensure that each event has appropriate staging and branding in accordance with the event size, objectives and sponsor expectations
- Source and identify venues to suit different brand and delivery formats. Negotiate rates to ensure best competitive price point achieved
- Liaise with the venues to ensure that all set up, catering and numbers are as required and in line with the budget spend
- Design and produce event collateral including the event guide, signage, floor plan, badge templates
- Overall responsibility of onsite management and delivery of the event
- Produce a detailed onsite schedule for each event considering all staff, suppliers, sponsors and delegates
- Set up meetings as required with all key onsite suppliers to ensure that they are fully aware of the expectations
- Be the point of contact for event sponsors, exhibitors and speakers regarding their involvement in any event and send them the relevant information
- Undertake health and safety risk assessments to ensure that all H&S documents, public liabilities and insurance are in place for each exhibitor or sponsor where relevant
- Post-event wrap up - overall responsible for collating delegate feedback, final delegate communication and budget reconciliation
- Carry out additional tasks as requested to support the growth of events with HBM
- Effective working relationships with internal events, editorial and commercial teams and external key suppliers and stakeholders
Ensure best practice is shared and efficiencies are communicated across the entire events team
Skills and experience
- Experience of delivering B2B events of all formats and sizes
- Knowledge and experience of digital platforms and live streaming technologies
- Budgeting experience essential and overall P&L responsibility an advantage
- Strong and proven experience on venue search and contract negotiation
- Strong collaborator and relationship builder, able to work in a matrix with a variety of teams
- Meticulous attention to detail, a creative eye and the ability to manage multiple events simultaneously
- Proactive, enthusiastic approach to meeting event objectives and can-do attitude to work in general
- Excellent planning and time management - ability to work under pressure and prioritise workloads
- Ability to use initiative in challenging circumstances and be solution-orientated
- Ability to travel
The above job description is intended as a guide to the main responsibilities of the position and is not an exhaustive list of duties and tasks.
Why work with us?
People are our greatest asset here at Haymarket Media Group. Haymarket is a media, information and data business, we use our expertise in media and information to inspire, inform and empower our clients, audiences and communities. We are a socially and environmentally responsible business. As we serve our audiences, clients and communities, we are committed to driving the meaningful change necessary to build a better world. The principles of diversity, inclusion, respect, responsibility and sustainability are at the heart of our business.
We’re hard-wired to produce remarkable content for our audiences, with over 16,000 companies around the globe turning to us to help their businesses grow. Join us and you will work on market-leading brands to help create powerful and lasting relationships that deliver real results, all while developing your own career.
Our conveniently located Twickenham HQ is home to around 600 employees with a vast array of careers from journalism, video, marketing, sales and events to technology, digital development and product management.
As well as being the home of English rugby, Twickenham has the benefit of being less than 30 minutes from central London but also enjoying its riverside location, proximity to Richmond Park and a buzzing social scene.
With flexible hours, great brands, and a modern open plan environment, we attract great people. There’s time for you to get involved in our extra-curricular activities too; from volunteering with our charity partners, going for a lunch-time riverside run, cycling around Richmond Park or after work fun!
Our team culture is friendly, vibrant and sociable. We nurture, support and reward our talent. We offer a market-leading benefits programme, tailored to individual needs and preferences. The range of benefits are vast and include a generous pension plan, life assurance, up to 30 days holiday and a fabulous income protection policy. Oh, and our annual employee party is pretty special too!
Our benefits include:
- Competitive salary
- Comprehensive training and career development programme
- 25 days holiday per year excluding bank holidays (increasing 1 day per year of service up to 30 days)
- Flexible working schedule (core hours from 10-3)
- Generous contributory pension scheme
- Access to Perkbox
- Health Cash Plan
- Family friendly policies
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Season ticket loan
- Regular individual and team rewards and incentives for outstanding performance
We want to support our people to balance their personal and professional lives and we believe our range of benefits encourages this. We feel that nothing beats face-time with our colleagues and we’ve therefore adopted a blended working model where full time employees can expect to spend 3 days of their week in the office and the other 2 working at a location of their choice.
We are proud to be an equal opportunities employer and are committed to ensuring that all candidates are given the same opportunity to succeed regardless of their sex, sexual orientation, marital status, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion, age or disability.
If you need any reasonable adjustments to enable you to fully participate in the recruitment process, please contact us at email@example.com.
Come and join us and see for yourself how Haymarket is a rewarding and exciting place to work.