Haymarket is a successful international specialist media company. We have over 60 market-leading brands in the consumer and B2B markets across the UK, US, Asia, India and Germany, connecting people and communities across digital, print, festivals, awards, conferences, and exhibitions.
As a global business operating in diverse markets, we are inherently multicultural and we are committed to attracting, developing and retaining talent who reflect the communities we serve. We equally recognise our broader responsibility to society as a whole and use our power and influence to drive diversity, equity and inclusion within our markets.
This role is a development and support role reporting into a Senior Events Manager and working with the wider team and project stakeholders.
The events calendar is composed of Awards, Forums and industry networking events for Haymarket brands and select clients. The team is a busy events division running up to 65 events a year. You will also work closely with the other Events Coordinators, Executives or Event Managers where necessary.
The role is expected to be 60% portfolio based running 3 - 4 events depending on the size of the project, these are expected to be smaller, less complex, more editorial focused projects, with the remaining 40% of the role will be support based for the team and your line manager.
Multitasking and managing the support elements of the role will run alongside the portfolio product aspects of the role.
- A degree is not necessary but you will have attained at least 2 A Levels (or equivalent) at Grades C or above. Common sense and a can do attitude is more important than a degree
- A good use of the English language both written and spoken are essential for the role
- Good time management, a sense of humour and the ability to work in a team
- Punctuality and being organised along with good attention to detail are critical
- Candidates should be able to keep accurate minutes of meetings
- The successful candidate will be a self-starter and resiliant
- Haymarket Events largely uses MAC computers, with Word, Excel and Eventsforce software, but candidates should have the ability to use a Mac or PC
- Candidates must be able to work in a highly pressurised environment and to tight deadlines
- An interest in working in Events is essential.
Why work with us?
People are our greatest asset here at Haymarket Media Group. Haymarket is a media, information and data business, we use our expertise in media and information to inspire, inform and empower our clients, audiences and communities. We are a socially and environmentally responsible business. As we serve our audiences, clients and communities, we are committed to driving the meaningful change necessary to build a better world. The principles of diversity, inclusion, respect, responsibility and sustainability are at the heart of our business.
We’re hard-wired to produce remarkable content for our audiences, with over 16,000 companies around the globe turning to us to help their businesses grow. Join us and you will work on market-leading brands to help create powerful and lasting relationships that deliver real results, all while developing your own career.
Our conveniently located Twickenham HQ is home to around 600 employees with a vast array of careers from journalism, video, marketing, sales and events to technology, digital development and product management.
As well as being the home of English rugby, Twickenham has the benefit of being less than 30 minutes from central London but also enjoying its riverside location, proximity to Richmond Park and a buzzing social scene.
With flexible hours, great brands, and a modern open plan environment, we attract great people. There’s time for you to get involved in our extra-curricular activities too; from volunteering with our charity partners, going for a lunch-time riverside run, cycling around Richmond Park or after work fun!
Our team culture is friendly, vibrant and sociable. We nurture, support and reward our talent. We offer a market-leading benefits programme, tailored to individual needs and preferences. The range of benefits are vast and include a generous pension plan, life assurance, up to 30 days holiday and a fabulous income protection policy. Oh, and our annual employee party is pretty special too!
Our benefits include:
- Competitive salary
- Comprehensive training and career development programme
- 25 days holiday per year excluding bank holidays (increasing 1 day per year of service up to 30 days)
- Flexible working schedule (core hours from 10-3)
- Generous contributory pension scheme
- Access to Perkbox
- Health Cash Plan
- Family friendly policies
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Season ticket loan
- Regular individual and team rewards and incentives for outstanding performance
We want to support our people to balance their personal and professional lives and we believe our range of benefits encourages this. We feel that nothing beats face-time with our colleagues and we’ve therefore adopted a blended working model where full time employees can expect to spend 3 days of their week in the office and the other 2 working at a location of their choice.
We are proud to be an equal opportunities employer and are committed to ensuring that all candidates are given the same opportunity to succeed regardless of their sex, sexual orientation, marital status, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion, age or disability.
If you need any reasonable adjustments to enable you to fully participate in the recruitment process, please contact us at email@example.com
Come and join us and see for yourself how Haymarket is a rewarding and exciting place to work.