Netherland Board of Tourism and Conventions (NBTC)
NBTC is all about the development, branding and marketing of the Netherlands as a destination. As the national destination management organization of and for the Netherlands, NBTC provides a national vision for tourism based on relevant knowledge and insights. We use this vision to inspire, connect and facilitate cities, regions, business owners and other stakeholders. To make our country a liveable, popular and valuable destination for residents, visitors and companies. The UK is one of the most important origin markets for business meeting planners. The excellent accessibility and popularity of our country among British corporate event planners means that NBTC has a permanent representation in the UK. As of this summer (1 July 2022), the position of Project Manager Business Development for Meetings & Conventions will become available.
What are you going to do?
In this position you are the first point of contact for British planners with plans for a multi-day business event in the Netherlands. You regularly organize (informal) meetings for Dutch partners with an interest in the British market by bringing supply and demand together. You are aware of the latest trends & developments in business meetings and you are of will become a thought leader within the British outbound business events community. You will report to the Director Meetings & Conventions.
Key Duties & Responsibilities:
- Planning and execution of local plans for business development programs.
- Successfully manage the portfolio of marketing and business development plans, and corresponding communication/strategies.
- Be responsible for the budgets of relevant marketing communication and business development plans.
- Pro-active relationship management with clients/partners/prospects in close cooperation with Program Managers and the Director Meeting & Conventions.
- Support the Director Meeting & Conventions to recognize, seek and act on opportunities to develop new local initiatives.
- Higher vocational education study preferably in marketing / hotel management or business management
- A minimum of three years of extensive successful experience in business development (sales) and/or marketing, and project management
- To remain in contact and work with the Market & Insights manager as well the PR manager based at our UK office in London
- Excellent planning and organizational skills
- Experienced team player
- Experienced in managing budgets
- Persuasive and able to create goodwill
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills
- Driven, persistent and positive with an eye for new opportunities
- Sense of humor, and ability to put things in perspective
NBTC offers you:
- A gross monthly salary between £ 2.813,- and £ 4.036,-
- An additional Christmas bonus payment of one month's base salary in your December salary
- A monthly taxed travel allowance
- A pension plan and a private healthcare package
- 28 days holiday per year
- A personal training budget and unlimited access to GoodHabitz online learning platform
You are or will be based in (greater) London and work from our London based office.