Haymarket is a fast-growing, international specialist media company. We have over 60 market-leading brands in the consumer and B2B markets across the UK, US, Asia, India and Germany, connecting people and communities across digital, print, festivals, awards, conferences, and exhibitions.
As a global business operating in diverse markets, we are inherently multicultural and we are committed to attracting, developing and retaining talent who reflect the communities we serve. We equally recognise our broader responsibility to society as a whole and use our power and influence to drive diversity, equity and inclusion within our markets.
A new opportunity has opened up to support the expansion of our portfolio of exhibitions and large scale conferences which we run in partnership with professional association clients. These are market leading events with strong brand equity with considerable potential for growth.
Reporting into the Head of Event Operations, the Event Manager will be responsible for the exhibition elements of our largest events, ensuring that they deliver for our visitors and commercial partners. You will be committed to visitor engagement and will have significant scope for innovation.
In addition, you will be responsible for the complete end-to-end project management of a number of large scale conferences. You will act as the primary liaison with internal and external client stakeholders.
Responsible for the overall operational delivery of events that exceed the expectations of our client. The role holder will pride themselves on running a professional series of events to an exceptionally high standard.
Event operations/Logistics management
- Ownership of the exhibition element of our large scale events
- Exhibition management to include exhibitor processes and management, features, content theatres, floor plan, furniture, AV, signage and health and safety
- Responsible for the entire operational elements of your allocated market and topic-based events
- Developing an understanding of the client’s objectives and ensure event delivery is aligned to these
- Ensure best customer experience from pre-event to post-event
- Working with the commercial sales team to drive growth and develop opportunities for exhibitors and sponsors that support the overall strategic and financial aims of the portfolio
- Creating processes, making improvements and efficiencies across the portfolio
- Produce and maintain event timelines ensuring that deadlines are met
- Regular client reporting and meetings as required
- Carry out venue research and sourcing to comply with Haymarket procurement policies
- Ensure compliance to all sustainability policies and procedures.
- Source appropriate suppliers for each event to secure the best products and services available at a competitive price whilst complying with Haymarket’s procurement policies
- Produce event collateral including the event guide, signage, floor plan, badge templates
- Set up meetings as required with all key onsite suppliers to ensure that they are fully aware of the expectations
- Be the onsite point of contact for event sponsors and exhibitors regarding their involvement in the event
- Undertake health and safety risk assessments to ensure that all H&S documents, public liabilities and insurance are in place for each exhibitor or sponsor where relevant
- Maintaining effective working relationships with internal teams, external suppliers and client stakeholders
- Ensure best practice is shared and efficiencies are communicated across the entire events team
- Ability to communicate across all levels internally and externally
- Responsible for managing budgets/expenditures and maintaining forecasts along with prompt financial reconciliation
- Monitor and control operational costs in line with defined budget
- Manage payment schedules to ensure that suppliers/venues are paid correctly and on time
- Raise purchase orders, process invoices and payments in line with payment terms
Skills and experience
- Experience of delivering B2B events, especially exhibitions
- Proven track record in managing client relationships
- Knowledge and experience of online platforms and live streaming technologies
- Budgeting experience
- Experience on venue search and contract negotiation
- Excellent collaborator and relationship builder, able to work in a matrix with a variety of teams
- Exceptional planning and time management - ability to work under pressure and prioritise workloads whilst maintaining attention to detail and meeting agreed deadlines
- Meticulous attention to detail, a creative eye and the ability to manage multiple events simultaneously
- Proactive, enthusiastic approach to meeting event objectives and can-do attitude to work
The above job description is intended as a guide to the main responsibilities of the position and is not an exhaustive list of duties and tasks.
Why work with us?
People are our greatest asset here at Haymarket Media Group. Haymarket is a media, information and data business, we use our expertise in media and information to inspire, inform and empower our clients, audiences and communities. We are a socially and environmentally responsible business. As we serve our audiences, clients and communities, we are committed to driving the meaningful change necessary to build a better world. The principles of diversity, inclusion, respect, responsibility and sustainability are at the heart of our business.
We’re hard-wired to produce remarkable content for our audiences, with over 16,000 companies around the globe turning to us to help their businesses grow. Join us and you will work on market-leading brands to help create powerful and lasting relationships that deliver real results, all while developing your own career.
Our conveniently located Twickenham HQ is home to around 600 employees with a vast array of careers from journalism, video, marketing, sales and events to technology, digital development and product management.
As well as being the home of English rugby, Twickenham has the benefit of being less than 30 minutes from central London but also enjoying its riverside location, proximity to Richmond Park and a buzzing social scene.
With flexible hours, great brands, and a modern open plan environment, we attract great people. There’s time for you to get involved in our extra-curricular activities too; from volunteering with our charity partners, going for a lunch-time riverside run, cycling around Richmond Park or after work fun!
Our team culture is friendly, vibrant and sociable. We nurture, support and reward our talent. We offer a market-leading benefits programme, tailored to individual needs and preferences. The range of benefits are vast and include a generous pension plan, life assurance, up to 30 days holiday and a fabulous income protection policy. Oh, and our annual employee party is pretty special too!
Our benefits include:
- Competitive salary
- Comprehensive training and career development programme
- 25 days holiday per year excluding bank holidays (increasing 1 day per year of service up to 30 days)
- Flexible working schedule (core hours from 10-3)
- Generous contributory pension scheme
- Access to Perkbox
- Health Cash Plan
- Family friendly policies
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Season ticket loan
- Regular individual and team rewards and incentives for outstanding performance
We want to support our people to balance their personal and professional lives and we believe our range of benefits encourages this. We feel that nothing beats face-time with our colleagues and we’ve therefore adopted a blended working model where full time employees can expect to spend 3 days of their week in the office and the other 2 working at a location of their choice.
We are proud to be an equal opportunities employer and are committed to ensuring that all candidates are given the same opportunity to succeed regardless of their sex, sexual orientation, marital status, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion, age or disability.
If you need any reasonable adjustments to enable you to fully participate in the recruitment process, please contact us at email@example.com.
Come and join us and see for yourself how Haymarket is a rewarding and exciting place to work.