Training & Events Manager
UK Theatre is the UK’s leading theatre and performing arts membership organisation.
Our vision is to see a well-connected and well-supported theatre sector that is recognised as being at the heart of UK life, with thriving organisations, the world’s greatest creative and managerial talent and ever larger and more diverse audiences.
We promote excellence, professional development and organisational and personal resilience.
We are currently looking for a Training & Events Manager to join us on a permanent, full-time basis, working 35 hours per week.
- Salary of £32,000 - £35,000 per annum, depending on experience
- 22 days' annual leave
Pension and other benefits – full details upon request.
This is an excellent opportunity for an experienced training and events professional to join the UK’s leading theatre and performing arts membership organisation.
You will have the chance to play a vital part in enabling people in the theatre industry to thrive in their roles through quality training and engagement events.
So, if you’re seeking a creative and diverse role where you can make a positive difference, we want to hear from you.
As our Training & Events Manager, you will be responsible for the organisation and delivery of a programme of conferences, training courses and events both online and in-person.
Managing a variety of online platforms used to promote and run our training and events programmes, you will oversee all aspects of events from planning and delivery through to evaluation.
You will develop training courses that meet the needs of our members and enable individuals to learn valuable new skills.
Additionally, you will:
- Ensure our programme is fit-for-purpose and relevant
- Liaise with freelance personnel to deliver the programme of activities and services
- Oversee tender processes for any new training and events
- Produce marketing copy to promote the events, conferences and the learning development programme
- Monitor income and expenditure against agreed budgets
To be considered as a Training & Events Manager, you will need:
- Experience of planning and delivering training and events
- Knowledge of programming events, including researching speakers and content/themes
- A good understanding of managing costs and budgets
- The ability to write marketing communications copy
- To be able to tailor verbal and written communication for B2B target audiences
- The ability to multitask and work to tight deadlines
- To be able to work collaboratively with a wide range of people
- A commitment to, and understanding of, issues relating to diversity and inclusion
- Proficient IT skills, particularly in Microsoft Office packages
Experience of developing a training needs analysis would be beneficial to your application. Competency with financial processes, including reporting and processing payments, would also be an advantage.
Experience of using Content Management Systems (CMS) would be desirable, as would Customer Relationship Management (CRM) system knowledge.
Knowledge of best practice in events, conferences and training would be desirable.
The closing date for this role is 15th August 2022.
Interviews will take place on Thursday 18th and Friday 19th August.
Other organisations may call this role Training Events Co-ordinator, Learning and Development Programme Co-ordinator, Training Manager, Learning & development Manager, L&D Manager, Events and Programming Co-ordinator, Events Co-ordinator, or Membership Events Co-ordinator.
Unsuccessful candidates will not be contacted for this position.
Webrecruit and UK Theatre are equal opportunities employers, value diversity and are strongly committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all employees and all applicants for employment. Equal opportunities are the only acceptable way to conduct business and we believe that the more inclusive our environments are, the better our work will be.
So, if you’re seeking to further your career as a Training & Events Manager, please apply via the button shown. This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.