Fabulous role for you if your love is devising and delivering top level event and incentive programmes for international & VIP clients, you have fab event ops skills, creative flair and love building your own client relationships .. event agency, DMC or UK incoming business travel background would be ideal for this excellent opportunity with this super friendly agency and team!
Company and Context
This leading London-based agency has an EXCELLENT reputation for devising and delivering top end incentive and event programmes in London and the UK for a really varied mix of international clients – top corporates and organisations (mainly from Canada, USA, Australia, Scandinavia and Benelux). The agency specialises in devising and delivering top end in-bound incentive and event programmes – 5* all the way. Due to returning and new clients and continued growth they are looking for another Senior Project Manager / Event Director to join their brilliant team.
Liaising directly with your clients, you’ll have full ownership of devising and delivering a varied range of high-end incentive and event programmes – mainly in London, and all at a 4/5* level. You’ll have full ownership of all aspects of your events and programmes (normally group, often VIP), direct contact with the client throughout, planning and managing all logistical aspects – across venue, accommodation, travel, sub events, dinners, activities etc. All programmes are hi-end, so bespoke dinners at unique, special or historical venues, accommodation at top 4/5*hotels, VIP transfers and top end London experiences, etc are the norm. You’ll have full ownership of your own events and client relationships, and devise and implement complex and detailed group programmes, liaising throughout with client and suppliers. You’ll be joining a friendly, down to earth, flexible, collaborative informal but professional team who are highly respected leaders in their field. Key responsibilities include:
- Research venues and services to develop new events, products & services
- Support the sales team as needed preparing proposals and customized event solutions for our clients
- Management of client relationship with the awareness of differing cultural styles, along with the handling of VIP guests
- Program budget management from initiation to final invoice, including deposit schedule and the maximization of profit
- Correspondence with suppliers including the booking of staffing, transportation, entertainment, decor etc.
- Handling high-profile security conscious VIP guests
- Preparation of detailed program documents, and database management (ie: attendee travel data)
- Planning, managing and implementing complex program operations on-site, which can entail long & unsocial hours
- Post program wrap-up: debriefs, invoicing & final accounting, supplier liaison, archiving
- Maintain relationships with key suppliers negotiating preferential terms and representing the company in person at industry events
- Nurture client relationships where appropriate, actively supporting the acquisition and retention of key Accounts
- Stay updated on all the latest London venues and event services etc – fam and venue visits
We’re looking for someone who oozes brilliance in event operations and event logistics skills along with creative flair and brilliant with clients – an eye for the smooth and seamless flow of complex logistics, as well as the wow factor of a bespoke gala dinner at a unique and interesting venue. You’ll love dealing directly with your clients, using your excellent people skills to build relationships, able to adapting to their specific cultural or personal quirks – and they’ll love dealing with you, building trust and respect – that lead to fabulous feedback, and repeat business. Specifically we’re looking for someone who can bring:
- Proven experience (min 4 years) of planning and managing complex group events, preferably within an agency setting (experience in a DMC or UK incoming travel business highly beneficial)
- Knowledge and curiosity about London and UK as a competitive business tourism market
- Ability to work with executive-level clients to develop customised programe solutions to meet their needs
- Excellent people skills - ability to work flexibly, and build excellent relationships
- Experience dealing across all aspect of event logistics, venues, accommodation, travel & transfers, f&b,activities etc
- Aware of event industry trends and insights, and constantly looking for new and innovative offerings
- Commerically astute, budget management skills, with excellent negotiation skills
- A master juggler who is great under pressure, collaborative and solution focussed
- Live event production, experience of co-ordinating entertainment, food & beverage etc are all desirable skills/knowledge
The great thing about this agency is that you’ll have full ownership of your projects and clients and the opportunity to put on some breath taking event programmes at the most luxurious level – so this will hugely suit someone who really loves getting both their teeth and their creative mind into developing and delivering fantastic event programmes, that are memorable to all involved (both client and guest alike) for their superlative delivery, amazing service, and high end experience. Sound like the sort of role you are looking for?
Click APPLY now if you have the skills, experience and expertise required - and are looking for a fab new opportunity to deliver amazing incentive programmes and events for a varied international clientele!