Rare and very exciting opportunity for a senior level corporate events professional to take your drive, ambition and proven exceptional leadership skills to this leading legal corporate, looking for a new Global Team Lead for their talented events team, at an exciting time of refocus in their strategic event marketing aims.
Leading international legal practice with a truly global presence, they operate at the forefront of their industry, with a reputation for delivering excellence in all that they do. Marked out with a culture that is forward and externally looking, where difference is positively valued, in every sense one global team – supportive and collaborative, but also ambitious and driven, who pride themselves in providing a setting in which their people can thrive.
This is a key senior manager level role within the Marketing & Communications team, reporting to the Chief Marketing & Communications Officer, and working closely with the Business Development team. Events are an acknowledged key part of delivering the company’s strategic aims - a mix of internal and external events. Internal events include off-sites of varied sizes, and a significant 4 day international partner conference, and play a key role in developing and maintaining their unique culture, and are delivered at an exceptional level. Now marks a time where they are looking to refocus their events strategy more on outward facing events, and marking themselves out as leaders in the content, format, reach and client experience of these. As such it is a very exciting time to join. You will lead, mentor and manage team of 8 Event specialists locally, and additional team members (7) based at various global offices, and take the lead at senior level in ensuring the event strategy is fully aligned, supportive and effective in delivering on the organisations wider strategic goals. Key responsibilities include:
- Work alongside the Chief Marketing Officer and the Global Head of Content to develop a market-leading events strategy, offering inspiration on themes, formats and creative execution to position as leader in their field
- Lead and support on creating a culture of continual improvement, creative and problem-solving, constantly scanning the events landscape for leading edge practices and technologies
- Maintain active membership in significant industry organisations and develop relationships at a senior level
- Internal Events – lead on the execution of manor Global Partner’s conference, brief, on-site delivery to pos-event reconciliation
- External Events – drive the refocus in developing and delivering an industry leading programme of business to business events, where client experience garners exceptional feedback
- Manage the events team, ensuring all members are motivated and delivering best-in class outputs – team of 8 locally (London) and additional c. 8 globally based
- Act as internal consultant to global marketing and communications colleagues across the company
- Attend and participate in local and global marketing meetings to communicate events strategic direction, building collaborative relationships with senior counterparts across the business
- Own the event marketing budget and calendar of events, providing quantitative and qualitative reports to senior management as required
We are looking for an exceptional experienced event marketing professional, a Head of Events / Events Team Lead, who has the credentials, vision and drive to match the brief. You’ll have significant experience working within a corporate (ideally cross-global) organisation, leading event delivery, event strategy and event teams – you’ll have your finger on the pulse and be externally focussed, someone who can inspire your team, and influence and impress internal stakeholders. Specifically we are looking for someone who has:
- Proven experience (min 6-8 years at a senior level) in all areas of event marketing including delivery of large scale global events
- Substantial relevant industry experience, ideally in-house, for a cross-border professional services firm or with a client focused corporate agency
- Experience across both internal and external facing events – including a strong track record of successfully marketing events to a business audience
- Experience across the full range of corporate events, and with an eye to the future in terms of design, format, content and innovation
- Experience and talented in selling concepts and presenting to senior stakeholders
- Significant team leadership and management experience – ideally of a diverse global team – with a track record of developing the careers of your team at all levels
- Finger on pulse of event technologies, suppliers, innovations – external ambassador for the event offering/professionalism
- Outstanding communication skills, both written and oral, excellent interpersonal and influencing skills
- Ability to inspire a team to deliver outstanding results, including by changing behaviour
This is a rare senior level events opening in terms of the scope and opportunity that it offers – and would suit a senior level event professional with exceptional and impressive credentials looking to take their skills to an exciting new opportunity with a very talented team. Click APPLY now ....