Brilliant opportunity to take line management responsibilities in the busy and lively private events team at one of London’s most impressive and historical venues, hosting a colourful range of events for a prestigious and varied client list.
Unique and highly prestigious iconic London historic venue - Grade 1 – they have a busy programme of events which enjoy the glorious settings offered by their various rooms/spaces – hosting lunches and dinners, awards events, galas, commemorative, special visits and high profile corporate and charity events. This role is in the private (commercial) events team – and takes a lead role managing the team, ensuring excellent operational delivery and client service levels - liaising closely with prestigious corporate clients, major public bodies and charities. You’ll also have the opportunity to work on special ceremonial events that the venue hosts.
Reporting into and supported by the Private Events Manager, you’ll take a key role overseeing the team and operations as they deliver a busy and prestigious event calendar for their clients – you’ll line manage the 3 Event Co-ordinators in your team, as well as taking a key role in mentoring and developing the Events Apprentice. You’ll have responsibility for overseeing operations, developing excellent relationships with internal and external suppliers. You'll also deputise for the Private Events Manager as needed. Key Responsibilities include:
- Oversee and manage 3 Event Co-ordinators and mentor and develop Events Apprentice
- Ensure the operational event management of varied events for clients, both internal and external – including – lunches, dinners, awards, charity fundraisers, corporate events – (no conferences!) is exemplary
- Ensure focus on excellent customer service from initial enquiry to delivery
- Provide detailed advice and guidance about the services, spaces and facilities the venue can offer – work closely with clients to plan events/use of space etc
- Overseeing operations - maintain key relationships with service and operational teams, facilities, security etc
- Ensure delivery of commercial events is in line with the expectations and highly prestigious and heritage nature of this iconic venue/organisation.
You’ll be an experienced Event Manager / Senior Event Co-ordinator, with an excellent track record within corporate events with a high focus on hospitality and special events (eg dinners, awards, special functions etc). Ideally you’ll have venue-side experience, and if you have worked in special/heritage venues that would be great. You’ll have excellent event ops experience, and used to developing relationships with and briefing varied suppliers, both internal facilities teams and external event suppliers. You’ll be well experienced in liaising with clients, ensuring you fully understand their event requirements, and working to ensure their exemplary delivery both pre-event and on-site. This is a prestigious organisation and you will therefore be working on some very high profile events - so you’ll love achieving the highest possible quality levels of event execution, with the necessary exacting level of attention to detail. You’ll have excellent communication skills to deal with a wide range of people, supported by your very high levels of customer service, maturity and great attention to detail. Strengths as a team player, team lead, excellent interpersonal skills. Above all you’ll have a passion for events that shines through everything that you do.
- Depth and breadth of event delivery experience within a corporate, association or historical venue, or similar professional environment, ideally including dinners, banquets, awards, receptions, special events – with a high level of quality and attention to detail
- Line management/resource planning/delegation skills and experience – able to manage a team of event co-ordinators delivering a busy calendar of varied events
- Excellent event operations and logistics experience and strengths
- Varied supplier liaison experience (internal and external) across all aspects of event hospitality, including catering, operations, entertainment, florists etc
- Excellent communication skills, with excellent standard of English, both written and oral
- Excellent attention to detail and highly developed customer focus
- Experience of undertaking budgetary control and managing financial systems
- Smart professional appearance as this role includes working at formal and high profile events
- Confident, able to cope well and calmly under pressure, tactful and discrete
This is a fabulous opportunity to work at a most awe-inspiring venue – overseeing a brilliant and lively team, and with some amazing clients on some very special and varied events - an exciting opportunity to utilise your proven event co-ordination experience and excellent interpersonal skills to deliver some very special and extremely high profile events. And all in a beautiful heritage setting!
If your experience matches the key requirements and responsibilities as listed above, please reflect these in your CV and click the “APPLY” button now!