Rewarding senior role within the Grounds Management Association (GMA) that will focus on growing our event programmes to engage and grow our membership and provide additional value to our supporting partners. This Head of Events role leads from the front, bringing all stakeholders internally and externally together to create inspiring and informative events that covers the spectrum of members from grass-roots clubs to the largest UK sporting venues.
This new role is a great opportunity for a motivated and highly experienced events professional with a successful track record of leading and managing the delivery of large scale trade shows/exhibitions, membership events and/or industry awards.
Reporting to the Commercial & Events Director, you will plan, lead and manage the delivery of GMA events including our flagship exhibition SALTEX which attracts over 8000 visitors over 2 days. You will utilise data, intelligence and insight to identify additional revenue opportunities and maximise profit through effective supplier management, achieving best value without sacrificing quality.
In addition to having substantial experience (typically 10+ years with 3 years at a senior level) in events operation with a proven track record of budget management, you will also be experienced in:
- planning, sourcing and managing external suppliers and contractors and negotiating best possible pricing
- create live events such as seminars, webinars, conferences and exhibitions
- Develop and maintain relationships with vendors, suppliers and event stakeholders
- Manage budgets and negotiate contracts to ensure maximum profitability
- Ensure that al events run smoothly and are executed to the highest standard
- Identify and mitigate any potential risks or issues
- Continuously review and improve event operations’ processes and procedures
- working with CRM systems and databases, utilising data, intelligence and insight to inform and develop revenue opportunities
- communicating and presenting to colleagues, senior staff and board and to external customers, stakeholders and partners
This is an exciting time to join this newly created role to help strengthen an in-house events function. You will play a leading role in planning and delivery a range of GMA events which currently includes: SALTEX, The GMA Industry Awards, GMA members and GMA technical & learning events.
Salary circa £52,000 inclusive of a car allowance, plus pension, employee assistance programme, 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays and Christmas closure. Hybrid working, home based with attendance at Milton Keynes HQ and occasional travel and overnight stay on business.
The GMA is the UK’s leading industry body for the grounds care sector. A not-for-profit membership organisation promoting and protecting the interests of professional and volunteer grounds people who make sport possible by keeping green spaces and playing surfaces safe, accessible, and sustainable across educational establishments, community facilities, and sports clubs at grassroot, amateur, and elite professional level. SALTEX is the brand name of the exhibition owned and operated by the GMA with all profits supporting the GMA’s provision and delivery of the industry training, education and membership services.
How to apply
For further details including details of the application process please refer to the application pack by following this link: Latest jobs | Grounds Management Association (thegma.org.uk)